This page lists the current “formal” job openings at CNP. That said, we’re always on the lookout for quality talent, so please don’t hesitate to send your resume to email@example.com if you think you might be a good fit.
Web Developer (Back-End)
CNP is looking for a well-organized and outgoing Web Developer to join our award-winning interactive team. Candidate must have at least 3 years of web development experience with work samples to prove it. 90% of the dev work that we do is WordPress-based, but they all include a ton of custom functionality. That would be your department, so we’re looking for someone who can hit the ground running with an active knowledge of the WordPress core and proper plug-in development techniques.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Someone who is smart, tech-savvy, friendly and always up-to-date on new technologies.
- Experience in PHP and WordPress (or something similar) with an understanding of Object Oriented development and various design patterns.
- Understanding of proper database design techniques (primarily MySQL & MSSQL). Obviously, you’ll also need to know how to get data into and out of any server.
- Ability to collaborate with the rest of the team to set and enforce best-practices for a team-based development environment.
- Proven ability to politely communicate technical topics to non-technical audiences.
- A fundamental understanding of how the internet works.
- Experience with .Net, iOS (Objective C), and Android development.
- Experience in effectively managing projects and/or people.
- Experience working with clients to assess needs and develop a project’s scope.
CNP is looking for a new cross-media graphic designer to join our award-winning creative department. This designer would work independently on assigned projects and as a member of a project team. The designer would create concepts and fulfill layout assignments according to supplied strategic and creative input. This role will need to be able to communicate directly with our account team, but typically works under the direction of our art directors or creative director.
Knowledge of production processes, with experience using in digital illustration and layout software including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and other industry design and production software; reasonable drawing skills; printing processes and specification; paper specification; ink specification; familiarity with typestyles, type design and type specification; stock photography; photo retouching and image manipulation; art direction of original photography; and good communication skills are desirable.
- Provides design and illustration (digital and/or traditional) from conception to completion as required.
- Works with art director/creative director/copywriter teams to concept and complete assigned projects and campaigns.
- Occasionally assists account teams with presentations for creative and new business pitches.
- Works with independent contractors (freelance illustrators, photographers, etc.) as required per assignment, under supervision of designated art director/senior art director/creative director, and in conjunction with production manager to meet assigned deadlines.
- Maintains high skill levels in software programs required to perform assigned job functions; enjoys learning about new software and sharing that knowledge with the rest of the team.
- Experience in design for online media, including email marketing, social, website, and microsites.
- Proven ability to politely communicate creative topics to non-creative audiences. Takes creative critique (no matter how absurd) in stride.